Translate

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

APA Micro Layout (Part 14) - Detailing the Fiddle Yard (Part 3)

Some time ago I had built a gluing jig to assemble the Walthers chain link fence. These plastic poles are OK on a permanent layout out of reach or accidental damage, but on my switching layout they would be too delicate because I need to reach inside the layout to uncouple cars.


A sturdier version of the fence is needed. So I replaced the plastic poles with brass wire. I used the Walthers instructions to construct the fence and instead of gluing the wires to the poles, I soldered them for additional strength.


The photo above shows a close-up view of the fence assembly. Before attaching the mesh I painted the fence silver using a rattle can.


I attached the fine mesh from the kit and glued it to the fence assembly using Alene's tacky glue.



The ice storage box comes from a Classic Miniatures ice truck, mounted on a GC Laser wooden platform.



No comments:

Post a Comment